SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
itsmesuzq

Can't connect to GardenWeb using Safari?!

itsmesuzq
14 years ago

Okay, this is making me totally nuts!! I have a new iMAC and I've been browsing the Garden Web forums with no problems using the Safari browser. Then about a week or so ago I would be able to go in ONCE and then I will continually get an "error" message saying that the "string" was too long (or something like that) and then I am unable to enter any and ALL GardenWeb pages!!

I went back into the postings and found where someone had the very same problem and he said he would have to go in and manually remove a cookie (shown in the error message). I tried that and I was able to gain access, but then again it would do the same thing with another error message!! I have NO trouble using my Firefox browser on my iMAC...but I really like Safari and the way it's laid out etc. Plus the problem should be able to be fixed - dang-it!!

Question: Does anyone else have the same problem using a MAC with Safari? And whose fault is this? Safari or the GardenWeb? I email GardenWeb but no answer so far.

I'm hoping someone can help me. I'm not a computer wizard and I just bought the iMAC and love it! Please help...

Thanks for any help or advice,

Susan

Comments (8)