SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
catnipp333

Trouble With IE7/8, OE 6, Goback And More

catnipp333
14 years ago

I have a HP Presario with XP & have auto updates on & get all the updates.

About a month ago I upgraded to IE8 & used it trouble free for two days. The third day I was having trouble with it, so I decided to remove it and go back to IE7 - this is when all my problems began. I work online & have not had to time to mess with it until now, so I hope I can remember it all.

I'm not sure what happened, but I can no longer type or do anything except use the mouse to navigate on my IE 7. I now use Chrome, but want IE back for its features & also I have additional problems. I can not type or use OE either, I no longer have any calendar or dates to select to use on my "GoBack/Restore" page. In order for me to do my email, I have to go online. OE downloads & I can hit reply, but I can not type any thing in or add signature or anything.I can't remember all, but I know I installed & uninstalled IE a few times to see if it would work, nothing helped. I wanted to go back, but lost those options also. I am now stuck using Chrome, but I can not find how to set it up -- there is no menus, or print preview or send link to and things like that. I REALLY would like to be able to use my OE again & have the Restore option again. I do not want to do a complete reformat, because I use my PC for work & have a lot I do not want to have to replace. Is there a way I can restore IE, OE & GoBack without have to reformat?

I APPRECIATE ANY AND ALL HELP!!!! Need any other info, let me know. I will check back -- THANKS!!!!

Diane

Comments (3)