SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kinsley7

I need help- I've been too mindful of cost

Kinsley7
9 years ago

We had to put building on hold due to an extenuating circumstance, and now we're ready to get started. I am not excited about building what I have planned, I've been too mindful of construction and energy cost when designing. I included a small vault in the kitchen, but just 9' ceilings in the living room....I've got this nagging feeling that I will regret that decision. I'm open to suggestions on how to include a vaulted living room in the most cost effective manner and I think I just need to start from scratch. We want to build a farmhouse with a large front porch and adequate back porch. Would like to keep it under 2500 sq ft with 4 bedrooms ( including the master) upstairs). We need a room on the first floor that could serve as a bedroom if necessary ( nothing huge)....will need a full bathroom close by. I don't want any formal or redundant rooms: in summary:
Floor one needs:
1)Kitchen open to dining/ dining open to living room ( would like to vault up to 12' or 14 '
2)Separate room that could serve as bedroom
3)Full bathroom
4)Laundry room
5) Entry ( nothing huge) Need around 7'8" width with a 9' ceiling
Floor two needs:
1) Master suite
2) Three bedrooms for kids and one or two bathrooms
Using space over garage will most likely be necessary
- Garage needs to be 24x24 or a little bigger and we are building on an unfinished basement
-House will face 235 degrees SW ( facing a large pond)
ANY suggestions will be much appreciated:)

Comments (11)