SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
c9pilot

Any ideas how to move my fridge?

c9pilot
16 years ago

Well, we've been ready to put the fridge in for about two weeks now, and we are stuck.

Apparently, we need a special dolly that can be tilted on its side to move our SZ 632S from the garage to the kitchen. This is NOT a standard appliance dolly with a strap.

Nobody in St. Petersburg has one of these dollies - we've called all the tool & equipment rental places, storage & moving places and several appliance dealers. We actually did manage to locate one, used by two of the three appliance installers in the phone book, but it's broken and they don't know when it will be fixed (the third doesn't do SZ).

We have access to strong men, but of course, there is no liability on their part if they damage it, so I'd rather pay a bit to make sure it gets in there okay. However, I don't want to pay a small fortune because it is assumed that we are rich (we're not) because our big splurge was a SZ.

(OT: We had an electrician see the Wolf & SZ boxes in the garage on the way in, and estimated double what we ended up paying the guy who didn't get to see the inside of the garage.)

So, I ask you fellow GW members if you have any other ideas for me - I'm stuck!

Lisa A.

Comments (2)