SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
yardboi

An appliance odyssey - obviously a long ramble

yardboi
15 years ago

I'm glad I've started early. We're planning to remodel the kitchen in our 1918 house early next year. It was last done in the early 1980s by a previous owner. Considering that time period, they actually did a pretty good job. The kitchen currently has a Jenn Air wall oven and a JA 36" gas cooktop. I've like both appliance and thought I would continue with separate units. I like the 36" cooktop, but don't need a 36" oven. After much research I finally decided to go with Monogram.

Then I came across the 36" Aga Legacy Range--here on GW, of course. The blue one would look great in our kitchen and it doesn't have a giant oven. But that's the concern, is the oven too small? I haven't yet decided. This week I'm hauling a bunch of bakeware down the the showroom to see what will fit.

Meanwhile, I talked with the architect about the change. He suggested recessing the space where the wall oven would have gone at counter level and making a cupboard to house the toaster and coffee maker. I really like this idea. It will help get rid of more clutter--and I hadn't really been able to figure out where to put these things except in a big drawer, which would have required hauling them out whenever we wanted to use them.

So now, I'm pretty sold on a range whether we get the Aga or not. If not, I'm considering the 30" Bluestar, Icon and Monogram. When we started, I would have never guessed that I'd be looking at 30" ranges. But I think a range will really work best for us. Thanks GW. And, of course, there's still plenty of time for me to change my mind several more times.

Comment (1)