SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
claire_de_luna

Does anyone want to meet...

claire_de_luna
14 years ago

...who lives in Oklahoma City, Amarillo, Albuquerque, Phoenix, Tucson or Las Vegas Nevada?

I'm going to be heading west soon!

Comments (35)

• doucanoe
    14 years ago

Well, if you would be willing to take a hard right, I'd be game! LOL

Hope you get to meet a few CFer's, Claire!

Linda

• lowspark
    14 years ago

Dang! Not close enough to Houston or I'd be in for sure! Have a great trip!!

• Related Discussions

WANTED: Fixer upper...Does anyone want these?

Q

Comments (4)
    Rhianna, that was two years ago. LOL!! I don't even remember this. Wouldn't ot be nice to hear from the person who received these just to know how they were doing? Wow! You're in luck, though. I have since moved to the Caribbean (US) and can actually offer you pups from the same types of plants. Where are you? I.can only ship within the US. I have a variety of cactus & sicculents. Please look at my exchange list under my profile and PM me, OK? I'll be happy to send a little of this & that if that's what you are looking for. - Maria Elena
    ...See More

Anyone in the eastern part of Virginia want to meet and swap?

Q

Comments (2)
    sounds like fun....anything in particular that you are looking for? I live on the peninsula but love any excuse for a road trip!
    ...See More

Anyone want to try a West Tn meeting and swap?

Q

Comments (2)
    I'm also new to Somerville! What a small world. The county extension service is working on a Master Gardening program if you're interested. There is also a garden and arts club which will be meeting again in September!
    ...See More

Alright! I'm Heading South! Anyone want to Meet?

Q

Comments (25)
    Here it goes: bigbaby wrote, she can be at the motel by 7:00 PM on August 23, near my house. I vote for a KT get together from everyone that can come!!! The more the merrier. Lets do it at my house. That way, no one can make us feel guilty for sitting for HOURS talking. :) Now, for directions and such, please email me (through my page), or at least let me know here so I can email you. Besides, I sort of like an idea how many will come. Moni
    ...See More
  • claire_de_luna
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Linda and May, I'd love to show up close to where you live. It's only February, after all...anything could happen this year.

I don't really remember any CF folk who live in the south/southwest, but thought I'd shout out, just in case. I'm trying hard to make my New Year's Resolution of meeting some of you this year!

• caliloo
    14 years ago

claire - what time of year are you talking about? I will be in OKC at some point this summer for my nieces wedding, but I don't know the date yet.

Alexa

• claire_de_luna
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I'll be leaving KC around the first week of March, and making the loop, to end up in Las Vegas. I think we'll be gone three/four weeks.

Thanks Alexa, for making me think about trying to be clear(er)!

If not this time, maybe next time...

• lsr2002
    14 years ago

If you made one way of your loop to/from Las Vegas - KC and came up I15 to I70 and across through Denver, I'd love to meet you.

Lee

• sally2_gw
    14 years ago

I'm 3 1/2 hours from OKC. I have family there, and could possibly come up that way, but it all depends on when you're going to be there. I could only do it on a Sunday or Monday, as that's my weekend.

Sally

• claire_de_luna
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Lee, I'd love to meet you (and Ollie!) We're trying to avoid high country because of weather, so I don't know yet. (Everything is weather-related this time of year, and considering how it's been this winter, I don't want to take any chances. I feel like weather is going to stay with us till the end.) If it looks like we can go that way, I'll be sure to e-mail you. Denver is a place I've been many times, so if it doesn't happen this trip, it could in the future.

Sally, I would hate for you to make the trip just for that, unless you're going to be there already. DH has a business trip planned for OKC so it will more than likely be during the week. If it looks like he can arrange it for a Monday, I will let you know.

I tried to meet LindaC in Des Moines and got stuck in a surprise blizzard. I was driving into Des Moines and saw so many cars on the side of the road; several had flipped and were lying on their sides or had rolled over. (WHY DON'T PEOPLE SLOW DOWN? GET OFF THE PHONE!!! Ok I'm done now.) I didn't get to meet her that trip, but there will come another day. There could easily be ice this time of year, so it's a day by day approach IYKWIM! There was a 40 car pile-up on I-70 yesterday because of black ice and white-out conditions. I'm ultra cautious this time of year. Right now it's winter weather, and in a few weeks, spring weather, which can get kind of hairy in it's own way. I remember pulling into a town once with tornado sirens blaring. Yikes!

• beanthere_dunthat
    14 years ago

Oh, bummer, I'm in the wrong part of Nevada. :(
    The wrong part to meet you, that is -- for living, I'm in the right part. :)

• claire_de_luna
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Beanthere dunthat, which part are you in? (I do get to Nebraska sometimes.)

• sally2_gw
    14 years ago

We don't have any plans for going there, but that doesn't mean we couldn't go visit family (DH's family, including his 90 year old dad.). But when you find out your schedule, we'll see what happens. I hope you have a good trip. When you're in OKC, you may want to go to Bricktown. That's probably the most interesting place that I know of. Of course, there's the memorial from the bombing, which is in the same general area, I believe.

Sally

• beanthere_dunthat
    14 years ago

I'm up north near Carson, aka the pretty part that no one's ever heard of. :D

• lowspark
    14 years ago

I highly recommend the bombing memorial in OKC. We went there a few years ago when visiting a friend who lives nearby. We spent the entire morning there and tore ourselves away only because we were so hungry and needed to get lunch. All of us, four adults and my two kids who were both teenagers (don't remember what exact ages) agreed that it was beautifully and sensitively done. We were all very taken with it.

• claire_de_luna
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks for the recommendations. Sally, I used to set up at a flea market once a month in OKC when Bricktown was still a project for urban renewal. ;) It's changed quite a bit from those days! I haven't actually ever been to the memorial so that may be a consideration. (Thanks May and Sally for suggesting it.)

Beanthere dunthat, that sounds like a good place to visit since I've never seen that part of Nebraska. I'll keep it in mind!

• beanthere_dunthat
    14 years ago

CdL, why do you keep trying to put me in NEBRASKA? LOL! Is that the next place I should be looking? (I have been to Nebraska, and it was pretty if way too flat for me.)

• claire_de_luna
    Original Author
    14 years ago

OH btdt! I'm so sorry. I think my brain simply defaulted to my nearest ''N'' state; not to Nevada. (You know how sometimes when you read something, it isn't that at all?) Actually, I think I was excited to hear there was a pretty part of Nebraska, since I hadn't seen any of it that didn't look like a plains state to me!

• beanthere_dunthat
    14 years ago

I'm just teasing you. :)

Have you been up in the NW area around Scottsbluff? The geography in that area of Nebraska is a little more intersting than the southern part.

• claire_de_luna
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I don't think I ever have...

• sally2_gw
    14 years ago

So you must have lived there (OKC) at one time. I lived there in the late '60's to mid '70's. It's changed a whole lot since then.

Sally

• sheshebop
    14 years ago

So Clair-de-luna, where are you starting from. And what route will you be taking?

• lakeguy35
    14 years ago

Are you taking 71 south out of Belton/Grandview and picking up I44 In Joplin to get to OKC? If so, I'm in the Tulsa metro. We could do lunch, dinner, or whatever. I do travel some for work so that might be a factor depending on the dates. I get down to OKC for work too. It would be cool to meet you if we can work something out.

David

• claire_de_luna
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Sally, I've never lived there, but my sister did. I had friends in Tulsa who also did the flea market circuit, and we would meet in difference cities three weekends of the month. It was actually hard work, but I enjoyed that period of my life.

Sherry, we're starting from KC, and hitting the cities I listed in order (except we may switch Tucson with Phoenix).

David, I don't know yet! We're trying to get to Wichita to visit my mom, so I don't know if we'll do that ahead of time, or try to squeeze it in on the way. (I'm hoping to make that a separate trip.) I'll make (my) David sit down tonight and try to get some particulars, like specific dates/times/route. If I possibly can, I'd love to meet you! Keep your fingers crossed for decent weather, will you? Sally, the same goes for you too!

If for any reason it doesn't work out on the way down south, it could on the way back...

• lakeguy35
    14 years ago

Visting DM is very important so depending on your plans I can catch you on the way back if that works out. Who knows, maybe we can meet up with Sally too. THat would be fun! If your talking March I think Alexa will be here sometime this summer.

Positive vibes on the weather....you know we usually get out biggest snow in March. LOL! After that it's storms and tornadoes. Keep us updated once you and David(seems to be a popular name for DH's on the forum)work out your travel agenda.

David

• mustangs81
    14 years ago

I didn't want to offer David knowing his schedule, but I have been dying to speak up. So, Kathy if you can met up with David, you will love him--guaranteed.

Cathy

• lowspark
    14 years ago

I'll second what Cathy said.

• claire_de_luna
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Well, I'm going to try like h*ll! And Thank You Cathy and May, I love a good guarantee!

Sally and David, check your e-mail...

• trixietx
    14 years ago

Claire, depending on the time and what is going on I might be able to meet you. We live 90 miles east of Amarillo. Let me know your plans and I will see what I can do.

• claire_de_luna
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Trixie that would be so COOL! Check your e-mail!

• mustangs81
    14 years ago

CdL, I'm getting jealous! But, I take solace in knowing you will have a great time with these folks.

Cathy

• claire_de_luna
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Cathy, you are welcome to join us! In fact I wish you would...

I'm still planning to come your way sometime this year, so you could just use this time to prepare yourself!

• acdonna
    14 years ago

I live north of Albuquerque and work during the week, but if you are coming through on a weekend, I might be able to drive down.
    Donna

• acdonna
    14 years ago

I live north of Albuquerque and work during the week, but if you are coming through on a weekend, I might be able to drive down.
    Donna

• claire_de_luna
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Donna, check your email!

• sheshebop
    14 years ago

Claire, do you think you could take a (small) detour and meet met in Michigan? LOL

Sherry

• claire_de_luna
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Sherry, I would love nothing more! Can you wait until summer? That seems a much better time to visit Michigan. I just wonder why it is no one seems to come through Kansas City? ;)

Well, I am thrilled. It's still a couple of weeks (plus!) away, but it looks like I'm going to get to meet David, Sally, Donna and Trixie. (Lee may be a possibility if we decide to go back that way. You never know what's going to happen.) When I made it a New Year's Resolution to meet some of you, I had no idea to what lengths you would go to in order to help me achieve my goal! It's so nice to have you all to look forward to...March looks like a very enjoyable month!