SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
centralcacyclist

My turn to ask for positive thoughts.

centralcacyclist
14 years ago

It's been a rugged week in general. The status of my son's sailing trip is currently uncertain. After all his hard work this winter it may be canceled. The boat and the sailors are anchored in Ensenada, Mexico for the next day or so as things are sorted out.

But that is not my primary concern.

Some of you may know that I am not close to my mother. I just learned through my sis that she has been admitted to the hospital today with an initial diagnosis of a bowel obstruction and several hernias. She went to the doctor last week after several days of explosive activity from both ends. Doc wanted to hospitalize her then for dehydration as he feared kidney failure. She refused and went home with the caregiver that took care of my stepfather in his final years after a massive stroke. (She was the one who predicted his imminent demise when a bird flew into the window glass.) The caregiver had sense enough to take her to the hospital when she began vomiting again. My mother has a phobia of doctors and hospitals. Or she is just plain ornery. I'm not sure which.

They will do more tests tomorrow.

Comments (41)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert