SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
keitel_gw

Update on my smelly Wolf range

keitel
16 years ago

Well, the service call was yesterday and they're going to replace the thermostat (which is all one piece with the main oven control knob). The guy didn't even check the oven temperature; just took my word for it.

As far as the smell goes; it's still there and strong. I called Wolf yesterday and a woman who instilled no confidence in me whatsoever (she thought the AG had an adjustable broiler, kept confusing it with the dual-fuel, told me to refer to instructions in my manual that aren't there, etc.) told me to run the broiler for 45 minutes. If that didn't work she said that the service company could come back and replace the orifice. I asked her what she meant by orifice and she mumbled some response about adjustments on new ranges or something. Whatever.

I ran the broiler for 60 minutes this morning and no improvement on the smell that has now filled my main floor. It stinks. Called Wolf back and asked to speak to someone else who was more familiar with AG ranges than the woman yesterday. The guy who I was passed to told me he's never heard of anyone having any smell this long into ownership and use and went to seek advice from the tech supervisor. Apparently, there is nothing beyond residual manufacturaing oil that could be causing the smell and it can be overcome. Today's instructions were to run the broiler for 3 hours. I've got all my windows open, the range hood on high, and an aching head from a nasty odour.

I hope this goes away. It's very disappointing (dare I say embarassing) to have such an expensive range be so offensive.

Dave.

Comments (54)