SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sandsonik_gw

Question about Toto and Jacuzzi toilet

sandsonik
14 years ago

I was about to buy a Jacuzzi Perfecta toilet from Lowes - round bowl, chair height. Now I've read some bad reviews/comments that are making me question that decision - though admittedly they are on a site that seems devoted to Toto fans.

I figured Toto was way out my price range, and quite honestly doubted it was necessary to spend a lot on a toilet since my very old basic American Standard really works just fine . I'm only replacing because I had to remove it from the bathroom to put up beadboard and it seemed time - the previous owners had replaced the lid cover with a home fashioned wooden one! But it's impossible to disregard all the people who love their Totos.

Now I'm thinking that maybe I SHOULD go with Toto, because I do want a good toilet that will last for years so maybe the expense is worth it. However, I would be in the entry level price range for Toto. And I'm just judging by prices online; I have no idea if I could get a comparable price from a local dealer.

The round bowl is a necessity; this is a half bath that was probably previously a closet, or it should have been! I really can't afford even an extra inch or two more than necessary.

I have two questions. 1) If you have a Jacuzzi Perfecta (or any Jacuzzi) are you happy with it? Honestly, I think I'm hoping to hear that the answer is yes, as it would be the cheaper and easier answer for me! and 2) How does a cheaper Toto compare with other Totos, and would it still be a better purchase than mid-level on some other brand? I'm looking at the C423EF Promenade model right now, though admittedly I haven't really done much research yet!

Price is definitely an issue for me right now, so if you have some other recommendation for a great value on a chair height, round bowl toilet (most seem to be elongated), I'd be glad to hear them!

Comments (20)