SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_4323755

Random progress pics

User
16 years ago

Hi folks-

I've gotta tell you, especially those who aren't at this stage yet, that the final stage is so very fun and exciting that you will forget the agony it took you to get there (not unlike finally popping that baby out after 9 long months). A few weeks ago we were convinced we had gone stark, raving mad and that they would cart us off to the special hospital any second. A weekend off from working on the house, some sun, sand and a few adult beverages helped our attitudes to improve immeasurably and we have gotten our house mojo back and expect to be in by the end of July (not "done", just "in", but we'll take it).

The fireplace, save for the mantel, is complete. We used drystacked Corinthian Granite (known in our house only as "fine CoRINthian Granite", said, natch, in one's best Ricardo Montablan accent), which is quartzy grey, green, blue, garnet and pink and the woodburner is a FXP 44 Elite. The granite hasn't been washed yet, but once it has, it will darken up a bit and the garnet in it really pops. I think we're going to use bluestone for the mantel, not sure yet, gotta pick that our next week. We are very pleased with the stone and the install.

As you can see, the kitchen is, ahem, unfitted, unfinished and a bona fide mess. The hutch was a Wood-Mode display I bought and am in the process of painting (painted in C2 "Fez", which is not a neon orange like it reads on my monitor, rather, it is a roasted tomato red). Hoping like hell to have the kitchen done by the end of next week.

FP

Balcony railing (vintage):

Kitchen:

The view:

sandyponder

Comments (16)