SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
walnutseed

apparently a virus!

abreeze
15 years ago

I recently bought my first camcorder and have been searching the internet to gather info regarding transferring video from the cassette to my computer and editing it. I was using sites approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor. However, when I went to a video blog, Avast sounded the virus alarm. I immediately jumped off the internet and started an Avast thorough scan. (BTW there was no other message from Avast after the alarm sounded.)

The thorough scan always takes a long time, so I didn't think anything of it. When it was completed, I was shocked to see that it showed that every line was unable to be scanned. I was able to go this computer forum and began to post a message. I decided to look at the desktop again to be more specific about what Avast showed. However, the Avast box couldn't be seen. Instead there were two white boxes which I could not close. I went into safe mode and shut down my pc. (I'm embarrassed to say that I could not figure out how to copy the results of the attempted scan to post here.)

My desktop is a Dell 4700 with XP Home Ed, Avast, Zone Alarm. I run SuperAntiSpyware often.

I'm using my laptop now and just downloaded Malwarebytes' Anti-malware to a flash drive. It's too late to start the scan, but I will run it in the morning.

I'm so thankful for this forum and the wonderful help you so kindly give.

abreeze

Comments (14)