SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jpherron

Floor Model Ikea Appliances won't heat up: Demo mode?

jpherron
11 years ago

2 months ago, we bought a set of Ikea Nutid appliances (24" oven, 30" oven, induction cooktop, microwave) that were taken out of their displays when they were remodeling them. we finally had the ovens and microwave hooked up in the new kitchen a few days ago, and all 3 are exhibiting odd behavior.

They all seem to work fine, clocks are working, fans and lights work when you start them, mw turntable turns, etc. EXCEPT that they don't heat anything!

I've opened the access panels on the ovens and didn't see anything obviously unplugged. I also called the Ikea store to ask if they might have some kind of demo mode that lets them be turned on in the store without burning anyone. But the store (west chester, OH) claims there's no such mode on these, and I need to call Whirlpool to repair them.

I find it extremely unlikely that all three would be defective in this one unlikely way. Before I call Whirlpool and wait for a repairman, does anyone here know of some kind of setting on these I might be missing?

Comments (13)