SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
breezygirl_gw

DW died. Need help with Miele floor models. QUICKLY!

breezygirl
10 years ago

My 4-year old Kenmore DW just died Thursday night. It's been getting horribly loud (kind of like a freight train running through the kitchen) and sounded like it was going to croak any minute so I asked my trusted appliance store manager to send me a list of discounted Miele floor models. I could really use the help of you Miele model experts out there to decide which is right for us.

Here are the factors affecting my decision:

--I'm used to basic DWs and have never felt any cleaned really well or were quiet enough except for the KA we had before this Kenmore, but it only lasted three years.

--My DW cutout is sized for an American DW so I'm concerned about how a Miele will look. I ruled out Bosch because of their illegal treatment of Julia Child's image. I'm concerned about the recent spat of KA fires, although it would fit better in the cutout. That leaves Miele.

--My municipality lists our water hardness as "slightly hard" at 55-60 mg/L. We do not have a water softener or house water filter, nor does anyone I know.

--I use my china and crystal rarely these days, but I have run these through the DW for more than 10 years now and would like to continue to do so.

--Quiet is very, very important to me. I run the DW at least twice per day (I cook a lot) and our new kitchen is open to the family room.

The model choices (all are uncrated in good condition with stainless exterior) are:

G5105SCSS $1245
G5575SCSFSS $1685
G5775SCSFSS $1708
G5175SCSFSS $1380
G5505SCSS $1467 (Live demo model)
G4205scss $975 (Live demo model)

I'm under a major time crunch as my dishes are piling up, and the appliance store is having a sale this weekend. I'm not sure how the above prices might chance with the sale. I don't want to miss out on a good deal! Could anyone (please, please, pretty please) help me sort out these out and make some recommendations? Thank you so much in advance.

Comments (18)