SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tarheel72

Photo album showing SS KA appliances installed

tarheel72
12 years ago

It has taken me about a year and a half to get around to this but I wanted to post pictures of our kitchen redo from last year. I especially wanted to let others see a picture of the KA dishwasher install since many have questions about how far it sticks out. Before we had a Whirlpool DW with panels and it was flush with the surrounding cabinet fronts. This is about how far the current KA models will stick out with normal depth cabinets, as this one is pushed back as far as it will go. In our situation it works, with the control panel underneath the granite countertop overhang. The handle does not stick out that far and in addition it is curved so I think that helps. A squared handle might give the impression that is sticks out more, not to mention the fact that you might bump into the corners of the handle if it sticks out too far. Also there is a pic of the KA microwave with the drop down door. This MW is fairly pricey but we liked it because it looked so good with the other appliances and to be honest it just looked a little different from the normal MW.

As you can see we have a Dacor cooktop and had to use a Dacor pop up vent. It works well and we think it looks good. Hopefully this will give you some idea of what it looks like installed.

We were able to reuse the same cutout for the double oven without any modifications, so we got lucky there. That was one of the reasons we like the KA model. We had to modify the cutout for the microwave and the cooktop. The MW cutout had to be increased in height but decreased in width. Our previous cooktop was a downdraft Amana and to use the popup vent we had to cut the hole deeper, but the width was fine. The vent just clears the granite windowsill when rbeing raised but the granite has some overhang so the vent isn't squeezed against the wall when down. I did the modification for the MW but used professionals for the cooktop.

Use the link below or cut and paste this URL to view the slideshow:

http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a2/Tarheel72/Appliances/?albumview=slideshow

Here is a list of the appliance models:

DW: KUDE70FVSS

Doubleoven: KEBS207SSS

MW: KBMS1454SSS

Cooktop: Preference Renaissance RGC304S

Vent: RV30S with model CABP3 blower

Frig: KSSS42QDX05 (42" built in with panels, installed 1998)

Here is a link that might be useful: KA appliances slideshow

Comments (6)