SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
callaloo_gw

Walk-in Shower -- Adding a Door Later?

callaloo
16 years ago

We are in the midst of our master bath remodel, which will include a walk-in shower with frameless 3/8 inch glass. It calls for no door at this time, and will have a rain head as well as a handheld showerhead on a bar (each with separate controls so that both can be used at the same time).

I haven't been too worried about being cold in the shower, or catching a chilly breeze. The bathroom itself isn't too large (8x10 at best) and the house is well-insulated with efficient gas heat. But then, this morning, as I was showering in the guest bathroom, my husband flung open the curtain while I was drying off and ... brrrrrr! (And then he accused me of being grumpy ...).

Anyway, my thinking is that I would like to continue with plans to go without a door in the new shower, and if experience proves that it is chilly, we'll just add a door later.

Am I fooling myself? Is it difficult and/or expensive to add a door later? Should I suck it up and make another change order in anticipation of a problem I may not have?

Thanks for any advice!

Comments (5)