SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
doucanoe

Sticky situation....

doucanoe
14 years ago

Okay I need some input here.

My niece (yes the same one that got her kid taken away...) has just come out of a stint in jail and then treatment for alcohol abuse. She went right back to the loser boyfriend who was also in jail, has been off and on for a good part of the last 2 years for assault and other things. He mostly beats people up at bars but he has taken a few swings at my niece and once even shot a hole in the trunk of her car because he was mad at her.

Well, she has announced she is going to marry this jerk. We have all pleaded with her to think long and hard about it, but she insists she is in love.

I simply cannot support this union and even more so I do not want to even think about what may happen if they regain custody of the child. I have pretty much just backed away from the whole thing several months ago, and have avoided any contact with her. (Her child does not live with her at this time, I do call her and send gifts.)

I have no idea how my niece got so screwed up, but it is a huge mess. She asked my son if he would play and sing at the wedding and he told her no.

I want no part of it, but I am not sure what to do if and when we get a wedding invitation. It would not surprise me if the groom and his buddies get all sauced at the reception and start a brawl. I suppose I could make an appearance at the ceremony, but that would make me a hypocrite.

Then again, she is family and I don't want to be the nasty aunt that doesn't attend just to prove a point.

Okay...the floor is all yours! WWCFD?

Linda

Comments (36)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES