SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
happs_gw

Re-Hinging Cabinet Doors and New Drawer Boxes

happs
9 years ago

I received a few bids on refacing cabinets in four bathrooms. Each bathroom has the same layout/configuration of doors and drawers and I was astonished that it costs around $3300 for new shaker style plywood doors with soft close hinges, drawer boxes with soft close full extension glides , drawer fronts, laminate face frames, moulding and toe kick.

The existing cabinets are 40 years old, solid wood and appear to be good quality, but with bad hinges and drawer boxes that are unfinished on the inside (no paint, edge banding, etc) and have no track or glides. To save money, I'm thinking about keeping the existing doors and buying new soft close hinges and then having a cabinet installer or a refacer install them. For the drawer boxes, I wonder if I could have a cabinet refacer make me a new drawer box, and then reuse the existing face frame so it makes the dummy/false front drawer face frame next to it?

What is a fair price to pay labor wise per door to install new soft close hinges on my existing doors?

Comments (13)