SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bmh4796

Minimum width of vanity cabinet for plumbing/sink to fit?

bridget helm
9 years ago

Hi. We are renovating an older house, but you guys always have the answers when it comes to measurements, so I'm asking here.

Can a cabinet that a sink is dropped into be any less than 24" wide or is 24" the minimum? The sink I'll go with is 15 3/4" round from rim to rim - circle/not oval. So how wide does the cabinet that it's dropped into have to be? I want to squeeze some drawers into the vanity, so I want the cabinet width to be at a minimum.

We tore out all of the cabs in the house. I just got the cabinet plans and am checking them over. The hall/kid bath will have a 5'6" wide vanity from wall to wall with 2 small sinks. (The toilet and tub/shower are in a separate area with a door.) There's a large closet in the wall opposite the vanity, but I've noticed that the kids tend to like to use drawers in the vanity. They never really use closet space in bathrooms for their everyday/morning routine stuff - at least mine don't

We have 4 kids, so I'm trying to make the most of the space in there. Their ages are 12,11, 6, and 2,5, so the 6 and 2.5 year old won't be "primping" in there for a while.

So with the 5'6" vanity I'd like to get 2 "sets" of small drawers if possible. In order to do this I need to get the cabinets beneath the sinks as small as possible to free up space for drawers.

Thanks for your help!

Comments (2)