SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mizfitz_gw

Shower head location help!

mizfitz
11 years ago

I am planning out our bathroom remodel and have a shower planned that is 36" wide by 46" deep with two sides tiled (both of the possible shower head locations) and two sides frame-less glass surround. There will be a pony wall separating the lower half of the shower from the tub area.

I was originally planning to have the shower head centered on the 46" wall, but apparently there are some serious plumbing challenges to make that happen (it backs to a stairwell that is 2 stories high and the way the joist run makes it difficult to get the water to that location). Additionally I was told that there should be some sort of access panel and due to the challenges of my desired location, the access panel would have to be visible in the stairwell. The other option would back to the laundry room and easy to plumb/access.

I need advice!!! I know that having the shower facing the door opening and being farther from the opening is not ideal, but the costs and pitfalls associated with using the originally planned location are making my head spin. Any advice or real world experiences with a similar layout would be greatly appreciated ;)

I have attached a quick pic of the layout to better illustrate my room, though I was free-styling, so it is not to scale...

Comments (6)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio