SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ctlady_gw

Question about Toto Drake installation cost?

ctlady_gw
13 years ago

I've just learned that a DC-area plumbing firm charged my elderly mom $794 to install a Toto Drake toilet (one toilet, in an existing bath replacing one their service guy had cracked ... that's another story...). I was just there and discovered that they installed (without asking her if she had a preference) a Bemis seat with the Toto -- not exactly the same color, definitely not the same quality as the Totos I have myself (though it is a "whisper-close" or some such), and definitely not quite the right fit, as it extends beyond the bowl on the sides by a tad). My question: I am tempted to write to this firm to protest what I consider a real rip-off of a senior citizen: our Totos (including one Guinevere) didn't cost $800 installed and that's WITH Toto seats). However, before I do so, I thought I ought to find out if that seems a reasonable or unreasonable price. $794 to install a Toto Drake with a Bemis seat in an existing bath (and presumably removing the old American Standard toilet).

It seems like a lot, even for the metro DC area....

Comments (9)