SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kiwigem_gw

Even our architects can't decide! black or bronze window ext

Kiwigem
9 years ago

Hi, all. We are building a rustic contemporary home with a combination of varied width vertical cedar and board and batten. BnB will likely be a dark warm grey. Cedar we are still deciding between clear and lighter grey translucent stain. Roof will be standing seam; either silver or light grey.

We need to decide on our window exterior (Integrity bronze or ebony) and I waffle back and forth constantly. The inside of our windows will be painted an almost-black to look like steel windows. There wont be any SDL's except for one accent window in front and back. Otherwise tall casements with unobstructed glass.

Our architects are even divided on the decision! When I stand on the site and look around, I tend to think that the bronze "belongs" a little more, but I am definitely styling the inside of the house on the contemporary side: soft white walls, black window interiors, white oak oiled floors, grey and black slate flooring, drywall returns. Would it look weird for the windows to be bronze on the outside and black on the inside?

Any opinions?

Thanks!

Comments (14)