SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
poochypunx

My new dishwasher stinks!

poochypunx
11 years ago

Bought a new Whirlpool WDF530PAYM to replace a 10 year old dishwasher a few weeks ago. It runs every other day and for the first few minutes of each run, there is a terrible stink. This is something that was noticed with the older dishwasher as well. The filters are cleaned regularly and there is some standing water under the filters, but I know this is normal. I've called for warranty service and the serviceman could find nothing wrong. There is nothing in the trap and the loop is 'adequate'. He said he would have looped it higher, but doesn't feel it's causing the issue. He said that the installer should have replaced ALL of the hoses, but left the old black drainage hoses. The repair guy felt that there was probably a build up of food nasty in there and this is what was causing the smell. He also refused to replace them and said I need to contact the installer. I know that if I call the installer, I'm probably going to get push back, so I wanted to get your thoughts as to whether you think the old hoses are causing the issue -- and if they are, is this something that the installer should have replaced at the outset? Is that a required element? Is there something else that could be causing the issue?

thanks!

Comments (6)