SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jacqueline5_gw

Carrara Marble clashes with Kohler Biscuit fixtures aaaggghhhh!

jacqueline5
10 years ago

First a little whine to go with my wine... I am doing a forced remodel of my master bathroom. Thank you Newport Brass (sarcasm intended), their insanely expensive piece of garbage brass temp balancing valve fractured resulting in a flood in my master bath and formal dining room. (Their horrible 1 year warranty won't even provide a replacement valve!). Thank goodness for homeowner's insurance!

Now to the reason for this post. This is our forever home and I never want to do this again. I want a classic, timeless look in my bathroom. The marble I had was a dreamy creamy super light taupe with white veining but now, nine years later, it is not coming out of the mountain looking at all the same - it's nearly peach and tan. Therefore, the bathroom is a total gut except I'm keeping the claw foot tub, toilet and sinks which are Kohler Biscuit. Biscuit looked great with the creamy dreamy marble.

What to do with the bathroom floors, wainscot, and shower? I will also need to choose a new slab as my counters also matched the marble tile. I have been paralyzed with indecision. I want natural stone but I'm not totally opposed to an amazing fake. My first choice would be calacatta but my budget for marble tile according to the insurance is $8 sf. My second choice is Carrera, but I put a sample next to the biscuit tub and ugh, it looks horrible. Is there an affordable white marble out there that has a little warmth to it without being beige or brown? I don't like travertine or crema marfil... I'm a crow, I like shiny, sparkly things.

Suggestions?

Comments (5)