SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kitchenaq

Does anyone have experience with Enigma quartz countertops?

3 years ago

Hi All,

I fell in love with a quartz slab from Enigma that I want to use in my kitchen renovation. Wondering if anyone has any experience using this company as I can’t really find any reviews online.

Thanks!

Comments (195)

• 2 years ago

Jessica Finelli, did you have any strange spots on your Ramses? My island was just installed and it’s gorgeous and then I noticed a dark spot, it almost looks like a drip of colorant. It’s darker than any color on the slab and only in one spot. I thought that this pattern would be consistent on every slab of Ramses. It’s looks small in these pics but it’s noticeable. Anyone who has looked at it goes to wipe it off like something was dropped on the counter. I just noticed so waiting to speak to someone from the marble company.

• 2 years ago

We do not have anything like that - glad you contacted the company they should replace if they can’t remove

• 2 years ago

Not exactly sure of edge but I believe it’s straight edge

• 2 years ago

@mcintoshkate we have Chantilly lace and it’s beautiful

• 2 years ago

@snbtwins it’s the large Darlana linear Lantern that coordinates with the lanterns in my kitchen

• 2 years ago

@kelly3e Did you ever hear back on the dark spot? i have something similar too and wondering what they said

• 2 years ago

Sara Parent, did yiu need a seam anywhere?

• 2 years ago

Gaby, yes. A representative came out and they are replacing! i recommend messaging Enigma directly and have your fabricator contact the supplier as well. the rep who came to my house was wonderful. No one told us to look for anything like this. I only took a quick look at my slab just to make aute color was correct. The supplier should catch things like this, or so Enigma recommends. My island was beautiful other than that one spot that looked like someone dripped chocolate😂

• PRO
    2 years ago

JSP:

The more rounded the edge, the less likely the chipping. Squared off eased edges are popular now, but are chip factories. They should never be used at sinks.

• 2 years ago

@Jessica Finelli Do you remember what brand and color grout you used. I am trying to find a bright white and yours looks pretty white. TIA

• 2 years ago

@chrisc31885 can you tell me what color your cabinets are? We want to do Ramses too!

• 2 years ago

@aewalsh04 the cabinets are super white Benjamin Moore

• 2 years ago

Just found this thread after having my Enigma Desert installed since July. Absolutely beautiful countertops, but we are also very disappointed with the durability so far. Many edge chips and even surface chips with very little impact. Our edge profile is very conservative so I don’t think that’s our issue.

• 2 years ago

Same -they are beautiful countertops with no staining issues but we have also had 2 chips in only 6 months and would not recommend.

• 2 years ago

@Jessica Finelli Did you contact Enigma? That's unacceptable.

• 2 years ago

We just discovered Enigma Maoi collection. Love the Eastern color slabs. Reading through all the comments, is chipping still a concern? Thank you for all the comments. And thanks to Joseph Corlett LLC for your professional advice. Do you still recommend a more rounded edge for less chipping.

• PRO
    2 years ago

Yes.

• 2 years ago

@Joseph Corlett, LLC do you know if AureaStone was the same composition as Enigma or is Enigma different? We installed AureaStone in another home and loved it.

• 2 years ago

We have a rep from enigma coming this week / really disappointed in the quality I’m hoping I will get a refund

• 2 years ago

Jessica Finelli I’m sorry to hear of the chips…must be very disappointing. I know you loved it initially but no longer recommend?

• 2 years ago

Jesica I hope they will provide you a refund as well.

• PRO
    2 years ago

Reps don't issue refunds. Reps issue new slabs to your fabricator at no cost to him. The fabricator has to do the same job twice for the same money. No thanks.

• 2 years ago

When I was looking a fabricator mentioned that he wouldn‘t install Enigma anymore because of chipping and scratching and he had to rip too many out recently.

• 2 years ago

Jessica Finelli, so sorry to hear your counters have chips. We picked the same ones out today. How bad is the chipping?

• 2 years ago

It’s not great - much more chipping than I had with my silestone quartz anyways. They look nice though!

• 2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

@Jessica Finelli we also have a couple of tiny chips on top of the countertop after just one year since installation. Wondering what the rep said when they came

• 2 years ago

@Jessica Finelli @AQ curious if you were able to do it over, would you choose Enigma again over quartz? Just looked at them today!

• 2 years ago

No I wish I would have just went with quartzite

• 2 years ago

@Jessica Finelli What happened when Rep came out?

• 2 years ago

Does anyone have Helios by Engima quartz countertop? If so, could you please share a photo? Thank you!

• 2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

I am going with the Helios as well! It's stunning in person. The resolution is by far the best that I have seen. I live in NC and everyone keeps telling me to pick another one that is 3 cm but the Helios is only 2 cm in thickness. Does it really matter between 2 cm or 3 cm?

• 2 years ago

@wendyiam73 The 2cm was my only concern, but we are also going with it. We loved it at the showroom. Hoping someone here has it in there kitchen and shares a photo!

• 2 years ago

I am waiting to see what the cost will be on this. I’m thinking it would be less than a 3CM, right? It’s absolutely gorgeous in person!

• last year

Hey all, just ordered Enigma RA and didn't realize it's not normal quartz. Came across this thread and anxious about the quality. Any more problems coming up? Is this actually a quartz product or more like sintered stone? Thanks!

• last year
    last modified: last year

@Joseph Corlett, LLC I am a bit confused about Enigma. I have read your comments and their website, but not clear on from a practical standpoint how it might differ from what is thought of as regular quartz, like Cambria, etc. does Enigma require a separate edge to be applied, similar to Dekton? appreciate your insight and knowledge

is it porcelain?

• PRO
    last year

Sorry susan, I don't know much about this stuff. It doesn't need a separate edge as it is apparently through-body. It isn't sintered or porcelain. It's just a different mix of engineered stone.

• last year

@wendyiam73 did you end up ordering Dekton? how has it been wearing if you did?

@Marina Lehane have you had the dekton installed? are you happy with it? can you share pix? any problems, fingerprint issues, chipping, etc?

@ceb0129 can you share any pix of your dekton? any issues, etc?

• last year

Has anyone had chipping issues with the enigma RA? If you had chips and it was replaced has it started to chip again?

• last year

Only with enigma Valley - I’ve been very unhappy with the quality - several edge and surface chips.

• PRO
    last year

Chipping has little to do with material and everything to do with edge profile selection. If you've got chips, blame your designer, not the top manufacturer please.

• last year

I understand that regarding the edge chips, Joseph. What about the chipping on the surface that happens very easily. We have a few spots where something small like the handle of a ladle dropped onto the surface and made a little chip.

• PRO
    last year

Nate:

With the exception of your sink chip, your abrasions look unusually similar; like the same person keeps doing the same thing with the same object.

I'd clean them with acetone, color with some color matched Sharpie if necessary, overfill with super glue, then scrape to flush.

• last year

@Joseph Corlett, LLC do you consider Engima to be any more or less durable quartz than offered by Silestone, Cambria, etc? Is engima considered to be quartz or is it actually a differnet product? thanks!!

• PRO
    last year

It looks just like the others and they're all the same stuff.

• 9 months ago

Has anyone used Enigma Nefertiti? If so I would love to see a picture. Thank you!

• 8 months ago

That’s what I have.

• 8 months ago

Nefertiti

• 7 months ago

I installed this product and within months it has chips everywhere and it scratches very easily. I barely use my kitchen and when I have called to see what the warranty it I was told the chips are due to ”misuse”. I have seen it chip by placing an empty pot on or a dish. I would not recommend unless it will be on display.

• 5 months ago

The Engima Valley counter is absolutely beautiful, but I would NEVER install it again. I've only had it installed for a month and I already have two big chips in the island. I keep my house immaculate, including wiping down the counters every time I cook to ensure it isn't damaged by red sauce or acidity from lemons. I already have light stains forming on the island. I have marble in my bathrooms that's holding up better than the Enigma quartz.

I reached out to Enigma for help filling in the chips. They redirected my email to the store I purchased the stone from who then redirected me to my fabricator for help filling them in. Really disappointed all around, especially since it was $5700 for one slab and fabrication/install.

• PRO
    5 months ago

Chips are due to edge profile selection, not brand.