SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beckyg75

Please help me pick a shower system to match this faucet

beckyg75
13 years ago

Hi everyone,

For our upcoming renovation, I would like to do what designers call "transitional" - a mix of traditional and modern.

In the master bath, I fell in love with this faucet - the Kraus Millennium. {{gwi:1473580}}

The undermount lavatory that this faucet will be used for is directly next to our shower. The shower will be a large stall, with a modern glass tile (still haven't picked the final version, but working on it!) We plan to have a frameless glass shower door, so the tile and the shower fittings will be on full display.

Here is the issue - Kraus makes gorgeous co-ordinating rain showerheads but does not make "normal" shower heads (i.e. that aim out at you, instead of down like a rain showerhead) and handles.

This matters b/c my hubby is freakishly tall, and can't get under a rain head comfortably, even if we mount it near the top of the ceiling (which sadly, is only about 8 feet.) He likes it to aim at him, and he can adjust the fixed showerhead up and down and tilt his head in, while I use the handheld type on a pole since I am short.

I have been looking for a shower system that will look good together with the Millennium in vain.

There is such a wealth of knowledge on this forum - could you all make some suggestions?

There are a few requirements, which you can probably guess from above:

a. We would like both a fixed showerhead coming out of the wall AND a handheld shower and slide bar or pole.

b. Both of those should have adjustable sprays

c. We'd love it to look co-ordinated with the faucet (e.g. maybe square?)

d. Polished chrome is the finish we'll choose as we read (somewhere in this forum!) that pretty much all the manufacturer's chromes look good together, but there is a wide variation in other finishes.

So far I found this one: In2ition Two-in-One Shower Head with 5-Spray Hand Shower by Alsons : Model Number: 6468

BUT, I don't know, it seams to be kinda neat, but also "clunky" looking and doesn't have the elegance of the Kraus faucet.

Also, I've never heard of Alsons, and the price is making me think it might not be great quality.

???

Thanks a ton for all comments and suggestions!

Comments (2)