SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sarahhomeremodel_gw

Bathroom Floor Reno Disaster - Big Hole!!

sarahhomeremodel
12 years ago

I am in the process of renovating a small guest bath in my 50's ranch house. I am not a 50's style person and the four different shades of blue tile on the floor and walls was finally ready to be removed. Recently, I hired a contractor to remove the old stained bathtub and put in a new tub and shower surround. The new tub had a slightly different foot print/base size which was fine since I was having a new floor put in the next week anyway. All that needed to be done was to fill the void that had been left.

This is how the contractor left my floor.

Can someone please please help me figure out what to do to fix this? That part of the floor doesn't support weight. I think he "filled the void" with some type of grout(?). I need to keep perspective but I am mucho freaked out. Help!

Here are the other materials I am using (I'd love some feed back - trying to focus on the possitive/fun of the mostly DIY reno!)

Vanity Top: Distressed Black Walnut by my current favorite place - Craft Art. But mine will only have one sink and probably undermount.

Floor - cork:

Paint - ivory lace:

{{gwi:1473366}}

Hope you all like! Oh, and I hope I survive the floor horror.

Here is a link that might be useful: I love my Craft Art black walnut vanity top - Ok I don't have it yet, but I know I will love it!. (I wish I loved the floor this much)

Comments (6)