SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

Dollybaby Ready for Christmas & Gr'pa's Time Piece

13 years ago

Blizzard here in IA...so got a bunch done today for the holidays! Certainly was singing, Oh, the weather outside is frightful, the snow is so delightful... as I kept my nose indoors most of the day!

Dollbaby is now all decked out for Christmas. This outfit is from my cedar chest...my Mom & G'ma both had "cedar chests"...I think that's something from the past now-a-days...but, anyway, this outfit has been in it for many yrs! So, I thought, might as well put it to good use! Here's a fullview of Dollbaby: (oh, yeah, my Mom sewed this)

The red & white satin & fur was a tap-dancing outfit I wore when I performed at 7 yrs old on a local tv station for Father's Day! Something, uh! So I just kind of wrapped Babydoll in it! Here's a little closer view:

{{gwi:1466396}}

And here's a close-up of a candle doily (a gift) that I put around her wrist to show off the painted "Star Santa" (a gift 10 yrs ago or so):

The Nativity set is a gift (also long ago) from my parents, who were Winter Texans...mimics the Precious Moments type of decor...I have always loved it so! Here's a close-up of a few pcs:

{{gwi:1466400}}

This is me in June, 1954...quite a special occassion to be on tv! I think some other kids where I took tap dance lessons performed that day, too. You can see in this pic how the outfit is really supposed to fit!

I posted a thread on "buffet" decor...but wanted to show you a close-up vignette of DH's Gr'pa's time piece...the old wind-up clock, & added resin bird (a gift from a GJer friend), scroll sawed MChristmas, & a little wood birdhouse (gift from DD)...I'm learning so much on this forum & moving things from one area to another in my house!

A close-up of wooded vignette:

Besides snow, that white fur was sure flying everywhere today! (old stuff!) LOL! Stay safe & warm, everyone! TFlookin'. Jeanne S.

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz
More Discussions