SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jean001_gw

Error Code 80246005 after update; can't go online

jean001
14 years ago

Above error code, also failure to go online, occurred while updating husband's computer prior to MS deadline of April 13 for Vista support. (And am obviously not going to make it.)

HP Pavilion Slimline

Vista Home Premium

IE 7

- Had just successfully installed SP 1, plus the next 11 updates which appeared shortly thereafter.

- When tried to install next 10 updates which appeared, received above error code with message to the effect that "true vector internet monitor has shut down."

Also, access point isn't flashing (dead?)" & I'm unable to go online. (Router is downstairs on my computer, another HP. Access point has been fine until now.)

Located info that true vector internet monitor is in Zone Alarm. ZA is installed but I'm unable to locate the desktop icon. (?) And clicking the exe file does nothing. Did locate the version - 7.1.78.0 -- probably out-of-date, right?

Tried to reset Network adapter -- failed.

In Device Driver, checked Internet Protocol for LAN; versions 4 & 6 are both checked/selected; and says "working properly."

Used Windows Network Diagnostics/Repairing.

Now error is: Network adapter Intel (R) Pro/100 VE Network Connection has hardware issues.

Bottom line: I need that computer to go online! How do I get there?

Comments (12)