SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pfmastin_gw

Problems with Thunderbird

pfmastin
14 years ago

Here's a mish mash of email problems that I can't figure out.

About a year ago, I downloaded Mozilla Thunderbird and set it up to get my AOL mail (from aol.com). Since I'm not great at these things, when I set it up it was trial and error but I finally figured it out it has been working well up until the last week or so.

The first thing I noticed was that it was putting my sent copies into a different folder and would occasionally get a pop up after the message was sent saying "there was an error copying the message to the Sent folder".

Lately I'm getting a pop up box saying "sent copies can't connect to smtp.aol.com". The normal progression is that it sends the message then copies it to the Sent folder in the blink of an eye. Now, the progress bar will either time out or maybe connect after about 20 seconds. As the days passed, When I would try to______ I would get a message (also intermittently) asking me to a) Retry B) Enter a New Password or C) Cancel. I entered my AOL password and the box would disappear.

Sometimes after trying to send a message I will get a pop up that says "The message was sent successfully, but could not be copied to your Sent folder.Would you like to return to the compose window?"

Tonight I noticed that some "sent" mail copies have ended up in the "Draft" folder. Most of the time it works perfectly, but it seems to be stumping its toe more and more often.

I have since gotten a notebook that uses a wireless connection but I've had it for a month or so and only started having problems within the last week or so. It has the same behavior on the PC. I haven't changed any of the account settings.

I'm using Thunderbird 3.0.3

Should I just redownload Thunderbird? Does it sound like something has gotten corrupted?

Thanks in advance!

Pam

Comments (4)