SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
artemis78

Feedback on Zephyr Savona range hood?

artemis78
13 years ago

Saw this on closeout for a pretty reasonable cost, but I don't know much about the company (other than that they're headquartered a couple miles from us, which is nice, but apparently still make the hoods in China!)

Model is the 36" Zephyr Savona, which apparently goes up to 685 CFM (at 6 sones) and uses aluminum mesh filters. I found a few posts on Zephyr in general and their island hoods; anyone have any experience with their chimney wall-mount hoods? (We would use it ducted.) The specs seem to put it in the middle of the road for chimney hoods, but that would be fine if it gets the job done, since I'd love to avoid dropping $1K on a hood.

The size is a bit smaller than I'd like---36" for a 34" wide range---but the price is right and the style is a good fit for our old-school stove, which several stores have told me probably doesn't need an intensive hood to begin with. However, it is a floor model and rattles---I'm wondering if this would likely be a result of how it's installed in the display, or if this is a design problem.

Any feedback would be much appreciated---thanks!

Comment (1)