SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bamahostaman

Feedback please on my floorplan

bamahostaman
13 years ago

Looking for feedback on my floorplan. This will hopefully be our last home as we are both in our early 50's with no kids at home. We plan on building in the mountains of East Tennessee probably within an hour of the Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area.

The design is based on our lifestyle and what we like about our current home. We both love cooking and can and freeze lots of products during the growing season. Consequently we have a very large kitchen and pantry area. The laundry room also includes an additional freezer and refrigerator. Today we have 3 refrigerators and 2 large chest freezers. The closets in the master bedroom are based on our current storage usage.

Looking at the layout, entry to the house on the left is from the garage. I have included a full bath off of the garage since there are often times from working in the yard/shop that I prefer to shower before entering the house. There will be a walkout basement with other bedrooms. The house is intended to accomodate someone in a wheelchair. I'm in one for a short time and its taught me a lot!!!

I'm not satisfied with the long entry hallway and the long access to the 2nd bedroom. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Comments (12)