SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nomorebluekitchen

Would black granite work with carrara and white subways?

nomorebluekitchen
15 years ago

In my kids' bath, I have carrara honed marble basketweave on the floor with a dot of nero black, matte white subways on the wall, and a band of marble (grey/black/white) around the wainscoted wall. The vanity will be painted white.

I am trying to decide on countertop material.

Marble would look smashing but isn't really practical for 2 small girls in the bathroom.

I looked at Misty Carrara Caesarstone but it is too beige-y. Blizzard Caesarstone is okay but not great.

I have spoken with my kitchen counter guy who is doing my soapstone and he said I can have anything from his boneyard and I'll just pay the cost of fabrication and installation. (he's clearing out his stock and selling his business). I'm going there tomorrow to see if there is anything that will work, but I"m terrible at visualizing what will work.

I can see a white / grey granite looking good, maybe a greyish soapstone, or possibly a black granite or soapstone. If I don't find something I love there I'll pay to get the right material, but I can't visualize well what would look good. Would black be too harsh / severe / formal? I'm going for a classic old house look but not a formal look if that makes any sense.

Any thoughts?

Anita

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz