SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
imacurvygrrl

Just did electrical walk-through

ImaCurvyGrrl
12 years ago

Holy moley. Just did the electrical walk-through this afternoon and feel completely and utterly overwhelmed. Of course, the fact that it was 90+ degrees and humid as all get-out doesn't help. Nor did it help that I pulled a muscle in my back yesterday and so was very very uncomfortable standing and walking around for 2 1/2 hours.

Meanwhile, for the most part, I was happy with what the electrician was doing (what was included), except for a couple of places. And I just now realized (6 hours later) that we COMPLETELY forgot about the pendants over the island. UGH.

One thing I'm really disappointed in is the recessed lights going in the kitchen. I think the electrician was expecting standard cans, and I hate the way those look. I'm waiting to find out what cans he says he's providing before I panic, though. And whether we should be paying extra money to get LED recessed lights in the kitchen. (Totally confused by this issue.)

Am I the only one? Did anyone else feel entirely overwhelmed after the electrical walk-through? I went in with color-coded maps, feeling very organized, and left with a complete mess on my papers! LOL

Meanwhile, it was clear that we were exhausted afterward because we failed to take even ONE picture of the HVAC and plumbing work that had been done since our visit over the weekend. Plus we didn't take any pictures of my parents' house, which is now in framing!

Tonight I will dream of switches and outlets, fixtures and flood lights...and little lines on the 2x4s "this is where an outlet will go, there is another outlet, and another..." ACK.

Comments (6)