SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
abd1_gw

Broiling on a Bluestar -- What's your favorite recipe and method?

abd1
15 years ago

IÂve had my Bluestar for about 8 months and IÂve really enjoyed it. The burners and oven are great and keeping it clean has been easier than I anticipated. The only part of the range that hasnÂt met or exceeded my expectations is the broiler. I donÂt broil that often but I had read many good things about the BluestarÂs broiler that I thought I would use it more often once I started using the range. I tend to pan-sear and grill outside a lot, but since I live in Oregon I was thinking it would be nice to use the broiler more in the wet months so I didnÂt have to stand outside in the wet, cold weather so much. IÂm not expecting the broiler to deliver the same flavor as my grill, but I havenÂt been able to get the browning and searing that I expected either. I think part of the problem is that I donÂt have a lot of broiling experience and IÂm not sure what rack setting to use, whether to leave the door open or not, etc. Plus, it appears to me that the broiler element doesnÂt cover that much of the oven cavity so if a piece of meat isnÂt in the center of the pan, or the pan isnÂt directly under the element, browning/searing does not happen. If IÂm trying to broil multiple pieces of food at once IÂm constantly moving the tray around to broil evenly. I thought I could lower the tray so the broil element radiates more evenly but IÂm concerned that would reduce the heat and wind up baking or roasting the meat instead of searing it.

Since there are so many Bluestar fans on this forum I thought IÂd ask for your broiling tips and recipes. I know thereÂs a cooking forum, but I think the appliance forum is where the majority of the Bluestar "experts" lurk so IÂm posting here. IÂll welcome any tips from any range owner that has an infrared broiler, even if its not a Bluestar, but IÂd like to know whatÂs your favorite thing to broil and whatÂs your method? Thanks!!

Comments (11)