SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cinnamonsworld_gw

Here's my tentative black-bathroom plan w/pics

cinnamonsworld
13 years ago

This is what I'm thinking for the redo of my bathroom. It is a long narrow one that had:

• On the right, a 72" vanity as you walk in, with full mirror above, toilet at the end of that.

• On the left, mirrored wall and then a tub alcove.

• On the far little wall, a small, high window.

I'll add a new (not so blurry) vanity, but 48" (so the mirror will overlap a foot on each side but there will be black granite up to it):

Black granite or marble top for that, with this sink:

(American Standard "Boulevard" in black)

Would swap out all the hardware for polished brass and go with a polished brass faucet set like American Standard's Hampton.

The plan is to tile the floor and any part of the walls that doesn't have a mirror in 12x12 polished black granite tile (most easily "absolute" but ideally "premium plus black"), up to a foot above the window. That's about the height of the old bath-alcove tile.

Above that will be Benjamin Moore's white "Deep In Thought" and the ceiling will be a lighter shade of that. I'm keeping the white there because the door and trim need to stay white.

For the window, which has a white metal rim, I'm thinking of putting together a little shadowbox insert for the sill in black that would have a Bali Blinds-type sliding panel in "Caracas Abyss."

The tub will probably be an American Standard Americast in black (the Cambridge). The toilet may be an American Standard round-front Cadet in black:

So that's basically it. I am very tempted to still go with the Pegasus 49" Urban Loft vanity in black with the integral glass (black paint underneath) sink and vanity top ... with polished brass plumbing fittings showing underneath. However, that would give me near zero storage space, and the sample of the top and the vanity that I saw in real life at Home Depot were scratched and the vanity itself was dented and split. Now... all that said it's not so expensive that I wouldn't give it a run anyway and see... I could still be persuaded to try it. I think if I did I would be looking at getting a couple free-form one or two drawer black cubes from Target (entirely feasible, have seen similar all over) that would sit on the bottom rack of the vanity. Â This would all be less substantial-feeling than maybe a main bath should be but I do love the look. Here it is, the Pegasus "City Loft" vanity with that top, at Home Depot.

The vanity I said I'm planning to go with has furniture legs so at least it's...

Comments (6)