SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gwer2007

Calling all In-Sink-Erator GD owners

eleena
10 years ago

I have read all the threads I could find on GW about GDs and I am thoroughly confused. I called the company directly but the CS rep was totally useless. She couldn't explain anything about the products and just kept sending me to their website or hardware stores.

I am looking at ISE Evolution GDs Excel, Compact, and Cover Control.

Do I HAVE to get a separate DW connector?

I pulled up the specs and they all say "Yes" next to DW connection. But then why do the online retailers offer a DW connector?

Is their air switch good or do I need KW fiber optic one if I don't have a hot water dispenser?

Are they all direct-wire? Do I need to purchase a cord if I want to plug it into an outlet?

I want an ISE GD b/c they are smaller, quieter and US-made. But with all the accessories, the costs are adding up and I am not sure that ISE GDs are that superior to WK GDs (also very popular here).

If I am going to compost as much as possible and would never put bones into a GD, no matter what anyone says (insert a smiley face here), do I need a "Cadillac" such as Evolution Excel 1 hp or is 3/4 HP Evolution Compact is enough?

The continuous feed ones seem to have better reviews but I have a 4 year old who is going through a defiance stage. I am afraid she can press the air switch out of curiosity no matter what I teach her, so safety is of concern. I guess I could unplug it after use but that seems quite inconvenient.

Please advise! I need to order no later than tomorrow.

TIA!!!

Comments (17)