SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kaysd_gw

Best hood (1000 cfm int. blower) - noise and performance?

kaysd
10 years ago

I am considering a 42" Best by Broan (K4242SS) chimney hood for use over a 36" AG Wolf range w/ 4 burners and grill (bought floor model - grill will be used rarely, if ever). I have not been able to see the Best hood in person, but in pictures it looks similar to the Zephyr Venezia (which I really like in person), but with a more powerful blower. Does the Best do a good job of removing HOGS? Most of the hoods I have looked at recommend being mounted 30-36" above the range (I prefer 34-36"), but Best recommends going no higher than 30" above, which makes me wonder why with a 1000 cfm blower it needs to be mounted so low.

How are the noise levels? The manufacturer says it is 10 sones (no volumes given for the lower 2 speeds). In contrast, the Kobe RA02 is 8 sones at 1100 cfm, 6 sones at 800 cfm and 2.5 sones at 450 cfm, while the Venezia is 5.8 sones at 715 cfm, down to 0.8 sones at 250 cfm.

This is the last appliance I need to purchase to finish our 90% complete kitchen, so I really appreciate any feedback.

Here is a link that might be useful: Best

Comments (4)