SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
studioksr

GE Induction range: freestanding versus slide-in

studioksr
10 years ago

I have been researching and reading for months and obsessing over my first induction range to replace a freestanding gas range. Narrowed it down to GE PHB925STSS or GE PHS925STSS. (earlier candidates were Electrolux and Kitchenaid)

My current gas range is freestanding located in between two cabinets. My backsplash is all tile, and I prefer the look of the slide-in. I also think that I would prefer having the controls in the front so I don't need to reach over hot pots to adjust cooking temperature. I am accustomed to front controls with my gas stove and I frequently make temperature adjustments.

I am pretty sure we can make a slide-in fit, but I read something about slide-ins needing to add a fan to cool the oven, and that it can be noisier.

I have two questions:
1. is a slide-in noisier than a freestanding for oven (or cooktop) use?
2. Is there any reason that reliability of one style over the other would differ?

Answers to my questions, or your experience with either of these ranges would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to add anything else you think I should know that might affect my decision. Thanks!

Comments (6)