SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hvtech42

New Viking stuff

hvtech42
9 years ago

My sister is redoing her kitchen and wanted my feedback on it. She has already picked appliances she likes, but not ordered yet. They all looked pretty good to me, except for one which sent a up a red flag: a Viking french door double oven, model VDOF730SS. It sure looks nice, but everything I've heard about Viking in the past has been horror stories. But Viking is revamping a lot of their products, especially cooking, and is now under new ownership, which seems to be doing a better job running the company, according to an appliance tech friend of mine. Supposedly they are much more helpful on the phone now, and parts are easier to get. Perhaps this could mean improved quality. But, an appliance store nearby whose opinion I trust recently dumped Viking because of quality issues - this was after the change in ownership. So I don't really know what to think.

I'm NOT trying to ask if this oven is the best in its class. If I were spending that much on an oven, I would go with something different. But she really wants this one. However, even though this oven is being picked out largely because of its great looks, this is not going to be a show kitchen. It will be frequently used for actual cooking. Poor performance and unreliability will not be tolerated.

So, my question: Has anyone bought a Viking range or oven recently? If so, what has your experience been?

This post was edited by hvtech42 on Sun, Jul 6, 14 at 15:35

Comments (9)