SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vivremanger

dcs 30 inch dual fuel stove rdt-305

vivremanger
14 years ago

Any experience with this unit? How effective is the simmer setting? The center burner seems to be set lower than the remaining four burners. Does that in any way overcome the inherent problem of it being sealed?

I like the power of the five burner cook-top and my wife would like the fact that the oven is a self-cleaning electric.

I do not like the fact that the burners are sealed, but there seems to be no cook-top that offers both sealed and unsealed. Unsealed strikes me as more effective for wok-cooking than offering a wok ring. The only advantage of sealing the burner is cleaning, as far as I can imagine.

Blue Star is more powerful, but my wife won't go for anything that is not self-cleaning.

There is a lot of peculiar jargon in this business. Why is a stove called a range? What is inherently slide-in or free-standing about one stove as opposed to another?

It strikes me that a range should be called an stove. A free-standing should be called a back-controlled stove and a slide-in should be called a front or side-controlled stove. Did I get those distinctions correct?

Comments (7)