SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
flattie_2008

Christmas decor - the rest of the house (lots of photos)

flattie_2008
15 years ago

Starting in the kitchen, this window over my kitchen sink. I love this area because it's so nice and deep. It's kind of a mish mash, but I like it that way.

Close up of "It's 5 O'clock Somewhere" Santa. Santa has the right idea with his bottle of chardonnay in his beach bucket. :)

Moving on to the dining room. This is my antique cabinet. Overall theme in the LR and DR is deer and the colors are red, silver and white. I'm very happy with this side of the room. It looks very stark with the harsh overhead lighting for the photo, it's much more inviting with the overhead dimmed and the candles burning. Also, the tea light Christmas tree is a bit too tall for an actual dinner party, but it's wonderful for everyday since it's just the 2 of us. It's already done a great job in 2 power failures in the last 2 weeks.

Looking back at the other side of the DR at the hutch. It's a huge stride forward over last year, but not quite there yet. Still needs a bit of work, but I wasn't able to find the right materials this year.

The ornaments in the glasses and the white plates in the top part of the hutch didn't photograph very well but they look festive in real life, and now that I have an established theme and color scheme my poor little Nativity set just isn't working. I think it's time to start collecting the simple white Lenox Nativity. ;)

The lights scattered about the Nativity are the little battery operated LED multi color stars. I really like them, but they're just not right here. They'll stay for this year and I'll find a place to reuse them next. I really wanted to work white branches in here too like bright199 did in her MBR vignette, but I opted for the white pom pom garland here and on the mantle since in was on sale and I didn't have the time to poke about the woods.

Close up of the Nativity. I think next year this will work nicely on my front entry table if I'm able to start collecting the Lenox Nativity.

Full shot (best as I can get with the angles in here) of the fireplace accent wall. This gives you a full shot of the mantle (yes, it's very symmetrical and static - I'm adding variation with the tree, poinsettia, etc vs. the mantle vignette). Overall, I'm pleased but I'd love to add a red ornament wreath to the mirror and I definitely need more ornaments and oomph from the tree lights next year.

BTW, sorry about the reflection of the overhead light in the mirror. I don't use that light often but I had to turn it on last night for the photo.

LR entertainment center. These reindeer are actually the first Christmas decor my hubby and I bought. New additions this year are the tiny silver reindeer on the shelves.

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!
More Discussions