SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amg88_gw

Using Miele induction cooktop with a downdraft

13 years ago

I am new to this forum and have been really appreciating all the insights. I am replacing an ancient (20 year old) Whirlpool electric cooktop (36 inches) in an island with either induction or gas. Due to construction issues, a pop-up downdraft is my only option (the existing unit has a downdraft built into the middle of the cooktop). I am prepared to use a remote/inline blower to get stronger CFM's, cut noise, etc. I have narrowed the induction choices to Miele, Wolf and Thermador. I have not been able to get a clear answer from Miele technical support whether their induction cooktop can be used with a downdraft that is flush-mounted like the other two would be, or whether the downdraft would need to be set back a few inches from the cooktop. Due to space limitations, I have to use a flush mount downdraft (FYI - Miele technical informed me that a downdraft cannot be used with their gas cooktop.) Do any of you have a Miele induction top with a downdraft, and if so, how is it installed in relation to the cooktop? Any advice re Miele vs. Wolf vs. Thermador induction would also be welcome. Thanks very much for any help. I'll be living with this cooktop for 20 years likely and don't want to blow it!

Comment

Sponsored
EasyHeat
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Providing Easy-to-Install, Reliable Heating Products in North America