SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
johnfrwhipple_gw

Lighting - Made in the USA ( 8 06134 00560 3 )

johnfrwhipple
13 years ago

Just installed my wife's pantry light last night. We purchased a period looking light from Restoration Hardware online and had it shipped to our home here in North Vancouver.

I love it.

We purchased the 1612F-PN-R Edison Collection, Semi Flush, Polished Nickel

Bar Code 8 06134 00560 3 SKU 68070018

The light is beautiful and made right here in the USA by Hudson Valley Lighting, Inc. (Newburgh, N.Y. 12550).

What other period lighting lines are made here in the USA or up North in my turf? It is alarming to me how "Cheap" everything is being built these days. I made a tough choice and had to scrap many of my home's projects but did not cheap out on my lighting.

I can replace my wife's pantry shelves one day (No offensive Bruce!) and her Master En-suite shelving (No offensive Allister!) and nothing new has been added to the landfill. These shelving projects all built from scrap shelving and organizing material my clients wanted removed.

Being the "Green Builder" I want to be (nicer term for 'Pack Rat') these items where in my wood pile not in our land fills.

This light does look out of place with painted plywood floors and reclaimed shelves - but we are holding pout for the bigger picture...

{{gwi:1469698}}

{{gwi:1469699}}

{{gwi:1469700}}

And for the record it was not I who painted them but my three little girls and their friend. The painting is "Perfect" but we will ask for this "young crew" to come back for some touch ups...

Comments (5)