SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maxrock

PC Boot Up Problem

maxrock
15 years ago

Hello everyone.

I was just going through some past topics.. A friend of mine has a computer (an E-Machine t6534.. She recently got hit by a crap load of spam, spyware... I was helping her out and i really had no choice other than to save her data and reformat.. Well, i have done this.. I loaded XP pro back on it.. everything went well....except i couldnt get online with it at all.. I wasnt sure if this was a result from a bad O/S load or the drivers for the network card were missing..

So today, i loaded the XP pro cd back into it to do a repair....came up right away.. during the process... I had gotten an error... the error said "file \i386\halaacpi.dll could not be loaded. The error code is 7"...

so i had to exit that screen... When i rebooted... It would not load past the logo screen for the E machine (big white E on screen with two options- f2 and f10 for bios and etc...)

well i figured i screwed.... but while i was on my laptop here. after about 5-6 mins..It finally went to a new dos type screen saying "please select boot device".. I choosed the CD option again...and it seem to load up the windows repair process.. then when it finished.. it rebooted...it was stuck at that logo screen again.. for 5-6 mins...then that screen asking to select a boot device came back up.. this time i choosed the hard drive... once i did this.. the screen went blank.. for about 5 mins..then the windows repair came up to finalize....right now its still going..but if this stuff where it hangs at that logo screen continues..what should i do?? thanks

Comment (1)