SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
zaluskym

Undermount Tub Surround & Deck Questions

zaluskym
15 years ago

I'm in planning stages for master bath remodel. An under mount tub will have a tiled surround (vertical) with a Caesarstone top (horizontal). Stationary glass will sit on the end of the tub to separate the tub from the shower area. A glass shower door will swing and stop at the side of the tub tile/Caesarstone/stationary glass. In order for the glass door to have minimal gap when closed, the tile surround, Ceasarstone and stationary glass wall will have to be completely aligned.

Question: Will it look odd for the Caesarstone tub deck to be flush with the tile? I ask because the only pictures I can find of similar installations are for frameless shower doors and they seem to always butt up to all tile pony walls or all tile tub decks. When mixed materials have been used for tub surround/tub deck top, the deck top usually sticks out a bit beyond the vertical tub surround. Has anyone had mixed materials for tub surround and tub deck top and had a glass shower door swing into them? Pictures? Suggestions?

Thanks,

Mickey

Comment (1)