SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
its4tina

Bathroom Fixture Finish Dilemma...Advice needed please!!

its4tina
11 years ago

Our forever home is currently under construction, and I'm concerned about the master bathroom. We ordered a pedestal tub with the a very prominent chrome faucet (british telephone faucet) that sticks up from the middle of the tub. I thought that was great until I started picking out things for the rest of the bathroom like the sink faucets, mirrors, sconces, cabinet hardware, and towel bars. The sconces and hardware I adore only come in polished nickel. The faucets and mirrors are from RH, and I had the option of ordering in either finish. I am also hanging an antique brass and crystal chandelier over the tub. After much debate, I put my order in today for faucets, pivot mirrors, sconces, cabinet hardware, and a towel train rack in polished nickel. I decided to keep everything consistent in the vanity area and thought the polished nickel finish would help tie in the brass chandelier also.

Here is my dilemma. Do you think the chrome tub hardware will stick out and look odd in a bathroom full of polished nickel? Should I leave it or try to exchange it for the polished nickel? It could be challenging exchanging it because the builder actually purchased it for liability purposes. But with some work and convincing, I might be able to swing it.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Comments (6)