SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jenn_gw

Sony Vaio FW -- optimization at Best Buy

jenn
15 years ago

We're planning to buy the laptop this weekend. Since we already have a desktop PC, the laptop will be our portable PC to surf the net, update blogs and post to forums, temporary storage of pics, and show photos and slide shows away from home.

Today we went to Best Buy and decided on a Sony Vaio FW 351J/H. Unfortunately they were out of stock so we plan to return tomorrow if the new inventory has arrived (shipment is due tomorrow).

I asked about their optimization service to remove the extra software we don't want. The sales guy (a VERY helpful young man who went out of his way to check and verify information) told us about their optimization service for $40 to remove the unwanted software.

He also mentioned the virus s/w installation for additional money, but we turned that down as we can do that ourselves with our choice of s/w.

Would it be worth letting them do the optimization for us? I'd feel better about letting them do it (and take responsibility for it) rather than try to work through that myself and remove something we should keep.

Comments (14)