SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hudsonleigh_gw

Whatever happened to work ethic? *just venting*

hudsonleigh
14 years ago

Okay, this is just me venting about my *&&%@(#* remodel, because I know you folks can relate and understand. So my plumber, who was referred by the electrician I've used for years and trust, has turned out to be the bane of my existence.

First, nearly every time there was a slow-down on this project, it was "waiting for the plumber".

Second, he never came to check out the job, but gave me an estimate based on specs that I wrote up and emailed to him. Which was fine until he decided he had to charge me $300 extra to move a radiator 1' down a wall, which I had neglected to put in the specs. Okay, my bad, I can live with that, altho I do think he should have seen the job ahead of time, like the GC & other subs did, so there'd be no surprises.

Third, he shows up at 4pm three weeks ago to do the finish work, is here til 8pm, and says "there's something wrong with the shower diverter, but it's too late to get the Delta support folks on the phone. I'll call them tomorrow to figure it out, then I'll see when I can come to fix it. And can I have a check for the balance of the job?" (I didn't give him a check). But that was the last time I heard from him. I called four times, and no response. Finally I called the Delta people myself to see what the diverter problem is, and they said it's installed wrong (the diverter should be above the on/off knob, and he put it below).

And on top of all that, without asking me, he installed the handshower at 6' up on the wall. In my KIDS bathroom. I'm 5'1", and my kids are all shorter than me!

So I now have a useless handshower, a diverter that doesn't divert the water, and no water pressure to the tub...and the guy won't return a phone call! (I do have another plumbing company coming in this week to look at it, but I think there going to tell me (like Delta did) that there's nothing to be done without ripping out the wall.)

Yeeeesh...I know this guy is busy, he actually has work right now, but if you're that busy why take the job at all? And why can't you make it right? I couldn't live with myself if I ever left a client in the lurch like this!

Okay....deep breaths...I'm done. Thanks for "listening"!

Leigh

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022