SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
still_da

Are We as Users Prepared?

DA_Mccoy
16 years ago

I was doing some research recently in preparation for a System Recovery if the need ever arises. After considerable reading and several e-mail exchanges with HP techs I found out the recovery would not be as simple as I thought. In the case of my Vista model a6040n I would have to open the case and disconnect the bundled Pocket Media Drive Bay. Surprise! I absolutely wouldn't have known that. Well, I am now prepared for it even though I hope the time never comes.

This experience caused me to do some pondering on some of the posts I see, or should I say don't see here.

Maybe I miss them, but it seems I never read anymore questions about what to do in preparation if something occurs. It seems the questions only come after the fact. So I thought I would take a moment to ask, "Are we prepared?"

Do we know in advance how to complete a System Restore? A System Recovery? Utilize a boot disk? Handle a detected virus or malware? Re-install drivers? Enter Safe Mode? Do maintenance? And this is just a few thoughts as I can only assume there are many, many more and anyone who wishes can add to them.

I would think this awareness would save stress, time and possibly money. What's the old adage, 'A ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure." Or something like that.

Maybe we all just need to take a little time and become boy/girl scoutish. Be prepared.

DA

Comments (2)