SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
countrydi_gw

Induction cooktop advice

countrydi
13 years ago

Can anyone help me see the forest for the trees?

I've narrowed the field for 36" induction cooktops to 3, mainly because I want beveled black edges without a stainless ring/border. I've read until I'm cross-eyed about all three, but am still having trouble deciding.

Miele and Fagor concern me because I'm in the East Texas boonies, with nary a soul who services them for 2+ hours away (Miele, at least; can't tell for Fagor).

I'm looking at:

Miele KM5773

Like look, timer feature, reputation, power.

Concerned about:

- service support out here in the boonies

- center element being toward the back (will I be constantly spilling from my stock pot onto the controls?)

- Miele tells me I need to use the +/- buttons to reach any particular heat level. That seems like a lot of button pressing, rather than going directly to, say, level 7.

Fagor FA90BF

Especially like layout of controls and elements, price (vs. Miele), pressure cooker bonus (if still available).

Concerned about:

- service support out here in the boonies

- can't find a blasted phone number on Fagor website for questions, and no answer to email

- few reviews, little availability for viewing

- lower overall power

KitchenAid KICU568

Like mottled black surface (or what I hear of it), price

Concerned about:

- lower output per element (but high max power?)

- reviews noting clicking sounds (I have an old induction cooktop now and am aware of hums, but...)

I go back and forth ... any words of wisdom? I'm so ready to decide and move on, but I'm stuck on this one.

Comments (5)